The diagnostic survey asks 21 questions (each graded 1-4) about how companies have structured their products, services and internal framework. At the end of the diagnostic, an Exponential Quotient score is determined. The list below shows some of the elements being asked about and key attributes of ExOs that are being tested.
External facing questions
- Does it have a Massive, Transformative Purpose (or MTP)?
- How externalized are business functions?
- How much are on-demand staff and on-demand assets utilized?
- How well are Community and Crowd leveraged?
- Are algorithms a core part of the organization?
- How information based are its products and services?
Internal facing questions
- How well are interfaces created to manage external scalability?
- Are OKRs and Lean Metrics used to track performance?
- How well does the organization encourage risk-taking and experimentation?
- Does the organization operate top-down, command and control hierarchies or flat, autonomous, collaborative team structures?
- How well are social technologies integrated into the organization?
If you want to gauge the scalability of your own organization, go to www.exponentialorgs.com/survey and see for yourself!